Wednesday 15 September 2010

My little Laila just loves to laugh!

Laila is still very much the centre of my universe, growing faster than I'd ever imagined, and becoming more gorgeous and irresistible every day. She loves playing on her tummy now, and can even push up on her arms like a little gymnast.

Hello world!
This mini yoga move is supposed to help her build the muscles she needs to roll over both ways, but she's been doing that for a few weeks already; I swear my girl wants to just skip the crawling stage and 'jump' straight to walking...

She seems to enjoy experimenting with her newfound knowledge of cause and effect, by dropping her Tigger and waiting for me to pick it up - she gets a kick out of doing it again and again and again which, for the first 7 times was utterly adorable... but now...! My little comedian is also developing a sense of humour. I practice my stand-up routine as post-nap entertainment for Laila, watching her laugh hysterically as I pull faces or play peekaboo! I have to admit, I'm amazed at how it elicits squeals of delight every time.


Laila's perfecting her ability to grab and reach now, reaching for Mummy and Daddy in particular when she wants to be picked up or be fed. I've noticed glimpses of stranger anxiety here and there too - times when she only wants Mummy. Others (usually grandparents) can't help but comment on how she needs to spend more time with people other than me to avoid this but, guess what, it makes me feel like the best and most loved Mamma in the world!

Life continues to change. It's funny how breastfeeding has now become like going to the bathroom: I no longer think about it, I can do it in the dark and, no matter where I am, I can find a place to do it if I have to! With solid meals just around the corner, Laila's dining chair is no longer my lap; she sits in her Bumbo seat while I spoon the odd snack into her mouth - I tried mashed banana today... Laila seemed a little confused at the new taste and was more interested in my chicken korma and naan (no, I haven't become an Indian Nigella - this one came courtesy of Sainsbury's), but she still managed a decent portion.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm in tune with Laila's every cry, coo and whimper now. This parenting lark isn't as tough as everyone makes out after all. Now, if I could just figure out how to unfold the pushchair on the first try...

1 comment:

  1. She is so so so gorgeous.... need to see her again! Mwah x

    ReplyDelete