Monday 6 September 2010

A tough week ahead...

So Bobby's taken the week off to rattle through his renovation 'to do' list, with a view to finishing the bulk of it by my birthday - 20 days away! I breathed a deep sigh of relief when the intercom finally arrived this afternoon, since the one I happened to choose had to be shipped all the way from Holland, which consequently delayed our security man's visit - a recurring theme in Project Halcyon when it comes to depending on third parties. Maybe we would have been able to reduce this if we compromised on standards but, unfortunately, both Bobby and I are meticulous perfectionists! Apparently this makes us nightmare clients; one tradesman said to me that he gets 1 client like me in every 100, so he has 99 easy jobs to enjoy next... the cheek of it!

Show me the money Mummy!
Laila had a lovely surprise in the post this morning - a cheque from Uncle Shekhar to put towards her amazing, totally overpriced but amazing, high chair! Here she is making a bee line straight for the moola - despite it almost making it's way straight into Laila's mouth, she's getting the right idea! She also made her first wage this week, since Sainsbury's sent her a thank you for her appearance in Little Ones magazine... start them young, that's what I say haha!

Looking ahead, we have the Audio Visual chap due this week - he'll be working on Bobby's sound system in the Lounge, before he moves onto the speakers throughout the rest of the house... boys and their toys eh. Bobby's also pre-ordered a PS3 (released on 17 September) with this new 'move' technology, which apparently tracks your eyeball movement etc, under the guise of my birthday present; like I said, boys and their toys! I have to admit that I'm a closet gadget geek myself, so I'm not complaining and, after the year of dedication Bobby's committed to Project Halcyon, I think he deserves a pimped out house!

Time to sign off now - Laila's favourite new game is pushing herself along the whole length of the bed on her back (imagine a caterpillar!) so I can't turn my back for 5 minutes any more! She's broken through my pillow barrier already... how am I going to keep her under control when she can walk?!

No comments:

Post a Comment